Le Marquis de Sade

Forum du site sur le Marquis de Sade : http://www.sade-ecrivain.com

Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

#1 09-03-2019 03:54:46

liny195
Membre

Mike McGlinchey leads quiet Week 3 for 49ers rookies

The San Francisco 49ers are getting ready for Week 3 vs. the Kansas City Chiefs www.sanfrancisco49ersteamonline.com , but before that arrives, I wanted to take a look back at what the team’s rookies did in Week 2. The 49ers are a young team looking to build out from their 2017 and 2018 draft classes. Today, we’re back to take a look at the 2018 rookie class.Rookie of the day: OT Mike McGlincheyThe 49ers pass protection remains shaky, but McGlinchey and the offensive line did great work in the run game. It was a downer of a game in a lot of ways, but Matt Breida and Alfred Morris are finding a whole lot of open lanes. McGlinchey did solid blocking on the ground and PFF has him with the second best total run blocking grade among all right tackles. He also leads rookie offensive tackles in overall grade.WR Dante PettisIt was a quiet day for Pettis. He had one punt return for one yard, and was not targeted in the passing game. The big news of note was seeing him drop behind Marquise Goodwin with the latter’s return to the depth chart. Pettis saw his snap total cut in half, and there are too many mouths to feed for the moment. The switch to C.J. Beathard will be something to watch for how it impacts who gets targeted in the passing game.LB Fred WarnerThe 49ers have themselves a tackling machine in their third round pick. Warner led the team with 11 tackles, including two for a loss. He struggled with four missed tackles San Francisco 49ers T-Shirt , but he continues to be a stop machine. He is third in the NFL with 33 tackles, behind rookie Darius Leonard (41) and Kiko Alonso (34). Props to Leonard for a solid rookie season, but I think Warner deserves some extra credit for doing this as the MIKE, wearing the green dot communication helmet. The missed tackles need to be cleaned up, but he’s been the team’s best rookie thus far.CB Tarvarius MooreThe 49ers cornerback depth chart took some hits on Sunday, and that got Moore into the game on defense after two straight weeks of exclusively special teams work. He played five defensive snaps and was not targeted after Jimmie Ward and Richard Sherman both suffered injuries. What was interesting on game day was that the coaching staff deactivated Greg Mabin for the game. With Richard Sherman likely out this week with a calf injury, maybe we see a little more of Moore on defense.DB D.J. ReedReed is the team’s primary kick returner, but in Week 3 he got a big opportunity after Adrian Colbert got hurt. Reed took over at free safety and played 51 defensive snaps to go along with 18 special teams snaps. He played 46 snaps at free safety and five at slot corner. He was targeted once for an incompletion San Francisco 49ers Hats , and had two three tackles. Colbert was back at practice on Thursday in limited fashion, and will be one to watch heading into Sunday’s game against the Chargers.Golden Nuggets: Is Shanahan the new genius in town Our offense has had a few good plays and a few missed opportunities but they have not looked very consistent. During Jimmy G’s starts last year, it felt like the 49ers had a good chance to do something big on almost every offensive play. There was energy and expectations I had not seen since the ‘90s. Unfortunately, I haven’t felt that same energy the first two weeks of this season.Some people are blaming Jimmy Garoppolo. He has hung onto the ball too long, he is not seeing the open receiver, he is staring down his intended receiver and he is not making good decisions is just some of the accusations I have read on Niners Nation.Some people are blaming the receivers not getting open and some are blaming the offensive line while others look to the Jerrick McKinnon injury for being the blame for our sluggish start.My question is, why are people so unwilling to blame the head coach and offensive coordinator? Most of them get extremely defensive the moment you mention anything about him being held accountable. Holding the coach accountable has become synonymous with saying he is a bad coach and I am not sure why? If you really think Kyle Shanahan is a great coach, why are you being so insecure that no one can question anything he says or does?It is up to Kyle Shanahan to fix what is wrong with the team. If that means bringing in new players San Francisco 49ers Hoodie , coaching up the ones he has or changing the game plan to get the most out of his players, that is what he is there for. Good or bad, he is ultimately responsible for the team come game day.Now you might think I am getting down on Kyle Shanahan and you are partially right but it is because of my faith and respect in his coaching abilities that I hold him to such a high standard. I think he has the ability to make the changes we need to be more consistent. Players are not executing at the level he has demanded and opposing coaches have spent time during the off season to plan defensive coverages to slow the 49ers offense down. I have little doubt Shanahan will respond. He is way too smart when it comes to coaching tactics not to. I anxiously am looking forward to see what he comes up with against the Kansas City Chiefs.I sincerely believe Shanahan is the answer to making the whole offense look better. I believe he is also intelligent enough to make some subtle changes that can make Jimmy G’s life easier on game day. It took Matt Ryan two training camps to get Shanahan’s offense down and he was a seasoned veteran quarterback. Perhaps Shanahan might have fed Jimmy Garoppolo too much detail too early? I don’t know? I do know Kyle has a great supporting cast when it comes to breaking down game film and looking for the edge needed to be competitive. Don’t be surprised if the offense looks a little more consistent this week.On another note, Baker Mayfield looked pretty good tonight. He looked like he deserved to be the first pick in the draft.Now onto the hot links:How the 49ers can beat the ChiefsGrant CohnCoaches, teammates backing Ahkello Witherspoon after poor performanceBrad AlmquistJoe Staley picks his one 49ers career roster undoDavid BonillaWhy not trade for Josh Gordon? 49ers’ John Lynch explainsEric BranchFoster says return from suspension is like celebrating holidayMatt MaioccoFoster and Sherman bond as 49ers locker neighborsChris BidermanJohn Lynch: Why 49ers didn’t aggressively pursue Josh GordonDavid Bonilla49ers’ Richard Sherman misses practices with heel injuryEric BranchThree safeties getting extra reps with Jaquiski Tartt injuredKyle MadsonWhat are the Chiefs Saying about the 49ers?Kelana MartinErrors by young 49ers WRs highlight challenges of Shanahan’s system Eric BranchRichard Sherman after watching Steelers defense vs. Chiefs: ‘I think they made it way too complicated’David BonillaRichard Sherman believes Ahkello Witherspoon will ‘respond well’ after rough outingDavid Bonilla49ers RB Matt Breida named the FedEx Ground Player of the WeekDavid BonillaChiefs receivers love their new offenseMike Florio

#2 13-03-2019 18:17:07

Nitesh
Invité

Re: Mike McGlinchey leads quiet Week 3 for 49ers rookies

Pied de page des forums

Créez Votre Propre Forum
Insérer vos Graphiques
Dictionnaires de Traduction
Hébergé par ForumCrea.com