Le Marquis de Sade

Forum du site sur le Marquis de Sade : http://www.sade-ecrivain.com

Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

#1 30-10-2012 08:42:30

golfonlineau
Membre

Bernhard Langer and Tom Lehman become better because of Titleist Putte

Putting has always been the most nerve-wracking part of the game. We're living in an era earlier with several of those: the claw grip, the belly putter, the long putter, the left-hand low. When we look at today's non-traditional putting tools, we have to admit the extended length putters are the most popular. Why it happens? The answer may be that the best players in the world start to use them and are successful with them.

The long putter has been used on all the different tours. It does not have the same popularity on the PGA Tour as it does on other tours but that could easily change. A couple of top professionals that have used the long putter are Kevin Stadler, Orville Moody, and Tom Lehman. Many top European PGA tour players had had excellent results, and because of that the long putter is more widely used. Among them scotty cameron belly putter and Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 stand in the popular line.

When Adam Scott nearly wins this year's Open Championship with the long putter before collapsing, people start to notice. People like the recreational golfer whose putts from five feet don't even graze the hole more often than not. And there are plenty of numbers to back that up.

"I could feel that my rhythm immediately improved, and I was putting a great roll on the ball. I was interested but wanted to keep it quiet, so Brad bought one for me at a local golf shop. I practiced only in my back yard. scotty cameron studio select newport 2 built me the one I'm using now. It's 49 inches," says Adam Scott.

At Odyssey, things went crazy after Keegan Bradley won the 2011 PGA Championship with an Odyssey White Hot XG Saber tooth belly putter. After selling 8,000 belly putters in 2010, that number jumped to 32,000 in 2011. Seventy percent of that came in the last two quarters of the year, after Bradley won the PGA.

Without question, the recreational and amateur players love the belly and long putters. However, the interest is also growing among professionals as well. Paul Azinger was the first to win on the PGA Tour with a belly putter, that coming at the 2000 Sony Open in Hawaii. That may partly explain why select Newport 2, scotty cameron belly putter and titleist scotty cameron california coronado putter can be so popular and often be uesd in tours.

Since then many other players followed. Many examples proved it is cheap golf clubs. At the Barclays, the first of the four FedEx Cup events, 20 of the best players in the world used a long putter. In 2009 and 2010, six players used the long putter. Orville Moody was one of the worst putters on the Champions Tour until he put a longer putter in his bag. With long putter, he won the 1989 U.S. Senior Open and 11 events overall. Players like Rocco Mediate, Bernhard Langer and Tom Lehman all have become better players because of the belly putters. For now, the long putter seems to serve as little more than a pacifier for guys who have the most talent.

#2 30-12-2017 13:17:44

Ed Shayne
Invité

Re: Bernhard Langer and Tom Lehman become better because of Titleist Putte

In every game, there are steps that need to be followed. - Kitchen Charm

Pied de page des forums

Créez Votre Propre Forum
Insérer vos Graphiques
Dictionnaires de Traduction
Hébergé par ForumCrea.com